question about microsoft and linux

Saqib Shaikh ss at saqibshaikh.com
Wed Sep 11 10:38:01 EDT 2002

It is a version of DOS made originally by Novell, who became Caldera, I
think, and then part of that became Lineo.  In any case, DR DOS, most
recently produced by Lineo, was developed until very recently.

It is fully DOS compatible, but has its own TCP/IP stack, and a number of
networking utilities.  It also has much more hardware support than DOS did.
It also supports multi-tasking, and I believe it is 32-bit.  It is able to
be installed on a FAT32 filesystem, and can recognise long filenames.  I'm
not sure, but I don't think it is restricted by MS-DOS's memory limitations.
It also has a nice boot loader which supports Linux and many other operating
systems.

That is a very very quick summary of DR Dos, but you should probably do a
search on Google for more information.

Saqib Shaikh