reflector

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Tue Sep 10 16:50:21 EDT 2002

Hi Gene. I am using a Crystal-CS4236B chipset (isapnp). I had mic level at
about 40% however Master Capture was down to about 10% bc it clipped
horribly (on all output sources) when turned up to full volume. I am
currently compiling rc3, and I hope that it will solve the xruns when
using arecord -fS16_LE -c2 -r44100 test.wav syntax. Bc with the xruns all
the data would be lost thus the file would be up to 44k only. However with
rec the story was different. When I would use rec recording at 44100 HZ, I
wouldn't get xruns, however the file would be empty. The same thing would
happen since Speakfreely uses Oss. I would get empty files as dumpfiles,
hence the silent packets. I should probably be tracking the bugs more but
was there anything similar to the above mentioned in the bug reports?

microsoft dialogue
   This company has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
   If the problem persists, delete winblows and install linux
   close button