is the synthasizer market dying?

Tyler Spivey tspivey8 at telus.net
Sat Sep 7 22:45:44 EDT 2002

well, see subject, anyways,
is the synth market dying? i compiled
few facts from what i could gather:
the dectalk line of synths used to be made by dec,
then they transfered to force computers.
that company transfered dectalk to fonix,
and it seems that the hardware line of synths from dectalk has died,
because i can't find anything on hardware dectalks on there website.
dectalks are a good synth, my decpc's worked under dos for years, but
when it comes to linux it just won't do. i believe the double-talk
line is still being developped, i just need to find the time to save up,
but is the double-talk the only synth (for now) that is really being
maintained/developped (new units being made)?
my facts might be wrong, i'm not sure about most of this.
i got most of my impressions off of googling around for a program i'm trying to find,
or write somehow, that uses the dos bios and
transforms dectalk pc responces into serial port output and
input.