Looking for synth to use with laptop

Jared jared-stofflett at twmi.rr.com
Sat Sep 7 19:36:03 EDT 2002

Hello I want to install linux on a laptop but am having a problem finding a
synthesizer. I use a braille lite with a cerial port on my desktop but don't
have a cerial port on my laptop. Here are the ports I have with my laptop
appreciate any help.
2 u s b ports, 1 parallel port, 2ps2 ports, 1 fire wire port, and one p c m
c i a slot. I've been told that theres some software synthisizer that works
with speakup called fredem but wasn't able to find anything on it on the
linux-speakup.org sight. Appreciate any sugestions on this.