speak freely silent packets?

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Fri Sep 6 15:46:16 EDT 2002

Hi all. I am having a very interesting problem with Speakfreely. I can
receive audio with sfspeaker fine, however sfmike isn't transmitting audio
from the live source (microphone). I am able to record wavs at 44099 hz
with arecord and listen to them perfectly (I can't record at 44100 hz for
some reason it keeps echoing xrun: at least 131 msand the value changes)?
Anyway, so if I can use arecord, I know the mic input itself works.
However sfmike fails to transmit audio. I even tried using -w with the
following syntax: sfmike -c -wtest.wav echo.fourmilab.ch. And when I
listened to test.wav, sure enough, all I heard was silence. I tried
setting various CCFLAGS in the Makefile including -DLINUX_DSP_SMALL_BUFFER
-DLINUX_HALF_DUPLEX, and even tried -DLINUX_INDEV=\"/dev/audio0\"

	I tried all these flags with varying combinations, and nothing
worked. Are there any otherinput/output channels that sfmike uses besides
Mic/Capture? I am going to keep trying various things, but does anyone
know what I could be experiencing with sfmike not transmitting audio?
Note: I can send text chat just fine. I tested this by connecting the
sfmike to my laptop running Speakfreely-7.2 winblows version! I sent that
machine a msg and it received it, so I know the connection itself has been
established. Any advice on this one is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

microsoft dialogue
   This company has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
   If the problem persists, delete winblows and install linux
   close button