Driver files

Ross Eadie ross at infoequity.mb.ca
Thu Sep 5 02:00:19 EDT 2002

Hi folks,

gotta love those newbees.  If one has a driver for a particular piece of
hardware, what directory do you place the file.  The reason I ask has to do
with a problem I am having with and Adaptec aha1540c/1542c SCSI adapter.  I
went to the Adaptec web site to find that the drivers available for Linux
are starting at kernal version 2.4.XX.  After searching the web for a
couple of hours, I discovered a parameter to set the cards variables
confirmed in the parms list of the Loadlin documentation
(aha1542=0x330,11,0,?).  I am running slackware kernal 2.2.20.  It still
does not work.  there was reference to putting in the lines in a file
called lilo.conf, but I could not find this file under the directory
structure of zipspeak.  File find does not find any file starting with
lilo.  My questions are as follows:  Does the driver belong under the
following directory, and is the driver file name as below?

lib/modules/2_2_19.{__/scsi/aha1542_.{_d

thanks for any assistance.  I could just keep reading for a couple of weeks
if there is no answer.
---
Ross Eadie
Voice:  (204) 339-5287