configuring the network after debian install.

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Sun Sep 1 01:21:04 EDT 2002

I presume PCI.
The rtl8139 is probably the cheapest most available piece of shit
um er I mean network card you can getyour hands on.
They work fine as a connectivity solution; and to be fare the revision C chips seem
all right but don't put them in a server :-)

If you need 10base2 (coax) you want the rtl8029; it is
an Ne2000 pci card (oh the horror).
For the scoop on this see http://www.scyld.com and the network card drivers
page.
My flatmate has an rtl8139 card in her Windows box
and it works fine enough under Linux and windows.

Regards, Kerry.