Which Cursor?

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu Oct 31 18:41:56 EST 2002

Hey for any speakup gurus out there, I was asked recently by a
developer of Curses::Widgets for Perl, "Which cursor is tracked by
your reader?" (meaning speakup)? I thought with linux and kind, that
there was only one cursor but this guy implied that there was a system
or hardware cursor and a software cursor.  I would be willing to bet
that if that is the case, that speakup tracks the system or hardware
cursor.  Is my assumption correct.

I'm trying to work with this guy to make the Curses developers package
accessible to speakup like the shell script dialog facility is.  It
works pretty well but currently, you cannot track the cursor; it sits
at the top of the window.  I'm trying to change this and the developer
is interested in working with me on this.  If I get this all worked
out, I'll be able to develop full screen curses based applications in perl!