Help with alsa.

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Sun Oct 27 09:18:42 EST 2002

Hi there. You're also going to want the alsa lib and alsa utils. Also,
make sure that /lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/sound is in your modprobe search
path, or else modprobe will complain. I had this problem, and I fixed it
by installing the module to /lib/modules/2.4.18/misc. Once you have the
alsalib and utils installed, you should modprobe snd-emu10k1,
snd-mixer-oss, snd-seq-oss (if using midi). You should also modprobe
snd-pcm-oss and snd-pcm. If these modules loaded successfully, you can now
use amixer to set up all your outputs/inputs to the apropriate levels.

May you code in the power of the source,
may the kernel, libraries, and utilities be with you,
throughout all distributions until the end of the epoch.