Slackware instalation issues

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Mon Oct 21 14:27:36 EDT 2002

erik burggraaf staggered into view and mumbled:

>Well, I have 48 meg ram, and 96 meg swap.  According to this, this should
>give me one kickass machine.  Smile.  btw, does anybody know where I could
>pick up old hard drives on the cheep?  I realise this is probabley OT for
>this list, but I want an extra 4 gig or something to use as data storage, so
>I can use some of the audio programs, and maybe teach myself different kinds
>of servers, http, ftp, print server and so on.
>Thanks,
>Erik

I like dealing with
this place.
</a>
When I placed an order there last January, I was able to complete the
transaction on line with lynx and a credit card--no java shcripts to
hack through or stumble over.  They have an email list which is sent
out about once per week which includes special discounts, sales, and
give-aways which is not annoying or offensive like so much of the
spam I have to deal with every day.  There are a few other computer
surplus places available on line, but this is the only place I
actually bought something from--I recommend checking them out.

rreid at sunset.net  http://personalweb.sunset.net/~rreid
Opinions herein are either mine or they are flame bait.
CIRCLE CIRCUMFERENCE = 2 * _pi * r