Finally got RC3 of Alsa to build and still the same

Charles Hallenbeck hallenbeck at valstar.net
Sat Oct 19 07:06:55 EDT 2002

I wish I knew what to suggest. I too was just able to compile and
install RC3 and it replaced my Beta11 without a hitch. All my old
scripts for recording and switching sources still work without
modification. My card is an sblive.

Chuck
On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Adam Myrow wrote:

> I got RC3 of Alsa to build by specifying that it only build support for my
> sound card.  I did a "./configure --with-sequencer=yes --with-cards=sbawe"
> and that left out the offending code.  However, it acts exactly like Beta
> 12 did.  It still slows the sound down to a crawl randomly, and now I've
> figured out that it also randomly makes recordings into noise.  I am
> absolutely disgusted with Alsa.  I don't think it's ready for production
> and including it in the kernel is a very bad idea IMHO if this is its
> current state.  Given that it has had several years to develop, I would
> expect something usable by now, but as far as I'm concerned, it is
> completely useless.  I don't know how you guys have ever gotten any good
> out of the thing.  Maybe it's just broken with the AWE64.

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (97% of Full)
So visit me at http://www.valstar.net/~hallenbeck