O T: Docbook problem resolved

Charles Hallenbeck hallenbeck at valstar.net
Fri Oct 18 19:01:59 EDT 2002

Hi Erik

Here are two excerpts from the Gnopernicus web site home page:

----------
   Braille devices supported

   DM80p, VARIO, VARIO20, VARIO40, VARIO80, ALVA 544
----------
Braille component

   The Braille component is a SO (shared object) which accepts input in
   BML (Braille Markup Language, a XML dialect developed at Baum) and
   many known Braille devices (currently just a couple of Baum devices
   are supported). Braille is a medium, which allows a non-sighted person
   to read text by touch, is also a method for writing tactile text. This
   component makes a translation from a screen object in to the readable
   Braille code set. The braille code is physically presented as raised
   dots, usually arranged in cells of up to 6 dots. The module can be
   configured from a Gnopi user interface.

That's about all I can tell you about the braille side of it. No
mention anywhere of grade 2 translation.

Chuck

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Erik Heil wrote:

> devices does the Developmental version support as far as braille output is
> concerned?  Does it support PowerBraille braille displays?  Also, one huge
> component is whether it supports any kind of Grade II translation.

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (95% of Full)
So visit me at http://www.valstar.net/~hallenbeck