Sox Help & Chanel Separation

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri Oct 18 05:26:39 EDT 2002

Help!

When I go to split off the left and right chanels from an NLS type
tape, I used to be able to use the pick effect from sox.  Well, when I
updated to Slackware 8.1, it included sox version 12.17.3 and the pick
effect is no longer available.  I then tried the avg effect with the
-l to get left chanel and the -r for right chanel but I still get both
chanels mixed in sterio in my output file.  The output file is half
the size of the original input so It is getting paired down to a
single chanel but the avg function is not isolating the desired
chanel.  Do any other audio guys on this list have any ideas about
this?

I may drop back to my old 12.17.1 package from Slackware 8.0 but I
think there are some other fixes in .3 that I would like to have.