Mplayer and Win media.

Johan Bergström johbe at linux.se
Thu Oct 17 12:25:35 EDT 2002

Toby Fisher <toby_fisher at bigfoot.com> writes:

> This one works:
>
> http://STREAM.SERVSTREAM.COM/ViewWeb/BBCRadio_music/Event/1Xtra56k.asx

This one started playing as it looked in mplayer but I didnt hear
anything.. maybe they didnt stream anything for the 30 seconds I tried.

> and this is an example of one that fails in the way I described in my last
> message:
>
> http://audio.musicradio.com/BroadlandFM.asx

Works perfectly fine for me.

> This one doesn't even start to get played:
>
> http://streaming.capitalinteractive.co.uk/brmb_low

This one to, I'm actually listening to it atm, great music. :-)

I can only suggest that you upgrade mplayer and install all the windows codecs
again. And remember to install new config files in your ~/.mplayer dir. They
make the old ones obsolete with every release.

Johbe

--
 Professor: I knew I should have shown him "Electro-Gonnorhea, the Noisy Killer."