pine

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Fri Oct 11 16:47:29 EDT 2002

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Steve Holmes wrote:

> After studying things a bit more last night, I realize I was in error
> about the spool spec.  It looks like to me that Exim hard codes the
> mail to /var/mail and I do have that folder there.  I had confused the
> spool with incoming mail.

It's not hard coded, you can change it in the config file, by editting a
line in your transport for local mailboxes.

> to make things even more confusing, I have an old installation of
> slackware and that one still uses /var/spool/mail for inboxes and
> /var/spool/mqueue for outgoing mail.  My current slackware 8.1 machine
> has /var/spool/mail and /var/mail is a sym link pointing to the
> former.  And exim still uses /var/spool/exim for its transient stuff
> after all.  So I will leave as well alone:).  Those symbolics are
> powerful little buggers but confusing at times too.

Yeah, but you've no need to stick to those if you don't want to, those
paths are all configurable in Local/Makefile.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808