pine

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri Oct 11 12:58:03 EDT 2002

After studying things a bit more last night, I realize I was in error
about the spool spec.  It looks like to me that Exim hard codes the
mail to /var/mail and I do have that folder there.  I had confused the
spool with incoming mail.

to make things even more confusing, I have an old installation of
slackware and that one still uses /var/spool/mail for inboxes and
/var/spool/mqueue for outgoing mail.  My current slackware 8.1 machine
has /var/spool/mail and /var/mail is a sym link pointing to the
former.  And exim still uses /var/spool/exim for its transient stuff
after all.  So I will leave as well alone:).  Those symbolics are
powerful little buggers but confusing at times too.