Exim Binaries for Slackware

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Thu Oct 10 18:52:11 EDT 2002

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Steve Holmes wrote:

> Hey, Slackware fans,
>
> If you happen to find sendmail to be a drag and possibly quite
> dificult to configure, I now have an alternative.  Exim seems to be a
> popular mail transport and I believe is the default agent for Debian
> users and it comes with good documentation.  In case you don't want to
> mess with make / make config and all that, I have just built a
> slackware binary package for exim; just run 'installpkg
> exim-4.10-i386-1.tgz and it installs within seconds!
>
> If anyone is interested, I now have the package available and can send
> it on request.  I haven't got my web space organized yet to host it
> there.  I also want to contact Slackware folks to see if they would be
> interested in including it as a contributed package.  I need to tweak
> up the package documentation a bit but the functioning binaries and
> configurations are working.  This is my first complete slackware
> compatible package and it was fun constructing it.

Hey Steve,

This is great news.
I'm not personally interested, as I've built my own package, but if it's
included in future Slackware releases it'll save me a whole load of time.
Congratulations, sounds like you've started a trend.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808