Exim Binaries for Slackware

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu Oct 10 08:50:28 EDT 2002

Hey, Slackware fans,

If you happen to find sendmail to be a drag and possibly quite
dificult to configure, I now have an alternative.  Exim seems to be a
popular mail transport and I believe is the default agent for Debian
users and it comes with good documentation.  In case you don't want to
mess with make / make config and all that, I have just built a
slackware binary package for exim; just run 'installpkg
exim-4.10-i386-1.tgz and it installs within seconds!

If anyone is interested, I now have the package available and can send
it on request.  I haven't got my web space organized yet to host it
there.  I also want to contact Slackware folks to see if they would be
interested in including it as a contributed package.  I need to tweak
up the package documentation a bit but the functioning binaries and
configurations are working.  This is my first complete slackware
compatible package and it was fun constructing it.