Slackware + Speakup?

Charles Hallenbeck hallenbeck at valstar.net
Tue Oct 8 19:05:43 EDT 2002

Hi Toby,

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Toby Fisher wrote:

> Just one question Chuck, out of interest why did you choose reisafs over
> ext3?

Probably not for the best of reasons: The fact is that I have no
idea what "journaling" is, and I do understand balanced tree
algorithms, so I went with something I understood instead of
relying on reputation. So far I am very pleased. I seem to have a
bit more usable file space in my various partitions than with
ext2, and none of those annoying lengthy fsck things on every
20th boot.

Chuck

So visit me at http://www.valstar.net/~hallenbeck