multiple output jacks with alsa and sblive

Gene Collins collins at gene3.ait.iastate.edu
Sun Oct 6 12:56:10 EDT 2002

Hi Thomas.  Try adjusting the Wave Surround option in the alsa mixer.
If you want to use the amixer command line, then do something like this:

amixer set "Wave Surround" 100% on

Then make sure your second speakers are plugged in to the jack next to
the midi port.  You will get all four speakers when you are playing
audio, but not when you are playing cds, or recording from the line
jack.  Remember to include the double quotes in the above command line
for amixer, and be sure to notice the case.  For some silly reason, the
folks writing the alsa drivers think device names should be case
sensitive.  Oh well, the state the mind gets stuck in sometimes!  Hope
this helps.

Gene