Anyone here use Verizon DSL?

Christopher Moore christopher.h.moore at verizon.net
Fri Oct 4 10:05:15 EDT 2002

I've been running verizon dsl on a linux box for two months without any
problems.  Initially, I installed their software on a windows box to
register my account.  Once that was done I connected my boxes to a router
which eliminated the need for their software on the windows box and for
PPPOE on the linux box.
If you take a look at the DSL-HOWTO their is a section dedicated to
configuring various ISPs.  As I recall there is a link to a page dedicated
to setting up PPPOE for verizon.

Verizon has recently changed their smtp server to require LOGIN
authentication for sending mail.  I was successfully able to build the
required sasl library and rebuild sendmail to allow it to authenticate
itself to the verizon smtp server.

Chris