Anyone here use Verizon DSL?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Oct 4 08:02:08 EDT 2002

verizon.net does use pppoe, I know I'm still failing to connect to their
service.  Also, set your mtu to 1492 not 1500 and keep it there or
verizon.net will break down your link in about a month and charge to
rebuild it.  Anything over 1492 may be more than you're entitled to have
in band width.  I wouldn't even sign up with verizon.net until I have
verified all my equipment works on my end including ethernet card and for
that reason I suggest you ask for the test account password and if you
can't get linux up and running with verizon.net call them up and get an
r.m.a. letter and return all equipment and terminate your dsl account with
them.  One of verizon.net's problems is they don't support linux and it
took them time to research their own windows software just to find out
about that mtu setting for me.  The assumption is everybody uses windows
so we don't need to know any of the settings since windows will create
their account for them and log them in for the first time.  It took
verizon.net a month to send me my account login information because I use
linux.