big sigh and many questions.

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Thu Oct 3 17:55:15 EDT 2002

Hi there. Ok in terms of mounting a filesystem, you do mount devicename
/mnt. /mnt is your mount point in this case. In order to determine what
device node your cdrom is mapped to, you can do the following: dmesg >
output. Include the > sign for this is a redirection operator! The above
command will redirect all the kernel start-up messages to the file output
which you can view with the command: pico output. Then press ctrl+x to
exit. In terms of telnetting/ssh to other machines, have you tried the ip
address instead of the hostname? I.e., instead of public.library.com, try
24.62.33.1? The above is hypothetical. Do you know what dns servers your
isp uses? Once ou find out, you need to enter these values in
/etc/resolv.conf in the form nameserver serverip, where serverip is the ip
address of the server. Each server has its own line with nameserver
preceding it. Good luck. If you have any more questions, you can e-mail me
at igueths at attbi.com

microsoft dialogue
   This company has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
   If the problem persists, delete winblows and install linux
   close button