confused

Terry D. Cudney terry at CottageInWasaga.com
Thu Oct 3 15:16:01 EDT 2002

Jerry,

	ac97 stands for 'audio codec 97', a standard for audio which several audio chips/sound cards comply with. What you need is to install the driver for the particular sound card/audio chip you have in your system. Fnd the audio chip that you have and install the alsa driver designed for it, as specified in the INSTALL file in the alsa-driver* directory (also described on the alsa website in a sound card matrix).

HTH,

	--terry