Anyone here use Verizon DSL?

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Wed Oct 2 20:32:47 EDT 2002

Actually, it's the other way around.  DSL is starting to use PPPOE more
and more, while cable is generally sticking with DHCP.  I think PPPOE is
becoming popular because you have to have a username and password, plus it
probably at one time detoured Linux use.  I'm finding a lot of web sites
and services seem to go out of their way to make sure you can only access
them using Windows with Internet Explorer.  Thanks Microsoft for
abbolishing standards and making your own.  So much for portability.  I
think it's obvious that Microsoft wants there not only to be no
competition, but they want to rewrite all the RFCs to their
specifications.