Anyone here use Verizon DSL?

Scott Howell showell at lrxms.net
Wed Oct 2 20:24:32 EDT 2002

Buddy,

Don't quote me, but when I looked into dsl about 2 years ago they were
using dhcp and good old tcpip. I think pppoe is used more on cable
circuits. Of course Verizon could have gone with pppoe, but what you do
is call them up, tell them you want a level 2 technician, and you will
not accept anything less. The front-line techs no little if anything and
are more human call screening devices.
If you run into a real roadblock, let me know and I'll see what I can
find out. Our Telcom guys have plenty of contacts with Verizon techs so
I'm sure I might reach someone if necessary.

good luck