Dec Talk internal cards supported?

shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au
Wed Oct 2 06:05:27 EDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 01:35:45PM +1000, Geoff Shang wrote:
> While this would indeed work, I don't think it's fair to make anyone who
> wants to use a dectalk Pc have DOS installed as well as Linux.  And I think
> this is how Kirk and co will see it.

I would tend to agree with geoff on this point. why should we have to
run dos just to get support for the dectalk pc before starting linux? it
seems pointless imho.
from what I'm reading, a complete rewrite of the dectalk pc driver for
linux would need to take place before anything that remotely looks like
a viable solution for the support of the dectalk pc with speakup is
conceived.
it may well be that the dictionary files need to be written into the
driver for this to happen but it also could make for a bloated driver.
where more things could go wrong than is necissary.
that's just my $0.02 australian anyways.