Apolo synthasizer problem

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-777-8123 wacker at octothorp.org
Wed Oct 2 01:26:34 EDT 2002

Kirk nailed this one.  HZ is set to 512.  To compensate, you'll need to
change the timing variables for Speakup.  In the /proc/speakup/apollo
directory, you'll se files called jiffy_delta and delay_time, among others.
Note that I might not have spelled apollo the way it is in the
/proc/speakup directory.  Use the "cat" command to display the value
contained in the two pseudo files.  For example: "cat jiffy_delta" and "cat
delay_time", without the quotes, of course.  To change a value, use the
"echo" command.  For example: "echo 15 > jiffy_delta" and "echo 80>
delay_time".  Using cat, find the value of jiffy_delta.  Multiply the value
by five.  For example, if the value of jiffy_delta is 3, make it 15.  Then,
find the value of delay_time.  Divide it by 5.  For example, if you find
400, make it 80.  If this works, you can write a script to make this
happen on boot.

          HTH.
--
          Bill in Denver