Apolo synthasizer problem

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Tue Oct 1 13:19:55 EDT 2002

I couldn't swear to this...I have used a Juno with Speakup--same thing
as the Apollo really--and got the same results. Anyway, I think it has
to do with the way that the Apollo receives stuff to speak...I think
(if I remember the docs rightly) that it has like an 8K buffer, which
probably includes all he control commands. I expect that what's
happening is that when the buffer fills up, it empties and speaks the
next bit...regardless of whether it's split in the middle of a word or
not. This is a slight annoyance, but I don't know that there's a way
around it. (Maybe there is, but I don't know what it is in the
constraints of a kernel-space speech driver.) Anyway, I'm sure Kirk
will tell me if I've got the whole reason wrong :)
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV/3   | "And if the ground yawned,
Phone: (814) 455-7333     | I'd step to the side and say,