Laptops for less with serial ports

Joe Clever lists at clevercentral.com
Fri Nov 29 17:32:24 EST 2002

Patrick:

I have to agree with Janina that the refurbished IBM's can be a good deal.
I picked up an IBM refurb Thinkpad  600E for around $450 a year ago on
ubid.com.  One of the good things is you aren't putting a 3000 dollar laptop
at risk when you have to travel.

If you are forced to purchase locally, as I think you indicated, and you are
in the USA, you can check out deals at
http://www.dealnews.com
and
http://www.salescircular.com.
Dealnews puts out a free daily newsletter that you can subscribe to or you
can just visit their site.   Salescircular also has a free newsletter but I
am unsure of it's frequency.  I can't tell you how speech accessible these
sites are, as I use screen magnification.