Distro Question

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Sat Nov 23 16:56:12 EST 2002

Hi,

There are folks on this list happily using all three distros and
doing everything you named and more with them. If there were a
clear favorite I suppose we would all have chosen it by now, but
each of the three will do everything you want it to.

Chuck

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, Glenn Ervin wrote:

> I still have not decided which distro to use.
> I am not afraid of any type being difficult.
> I am simply wanting the most capable distro for using on a current system.
> 256 MB ram, P5 1.7 GB processor.
> I plan on duel-booting with Linux having its own HD.
> I have read some documentation on the differences, but I am still left
> uncertain.
> It seems that Debian, RedHat, and Slackware are the distros of choice.
> Can anyone give me any ideas?
> I plan on doing much audio (MP3) stuff, and much e-mail, & internet
> browsing.
> I hope to be able to set up lilo to let me select between windows or Linux,
> or I will set up a floppy for this option.
> Thanks for any input.
>

> "Live long and prosper",
> O. Glenn Ervin (Lenny)
> N0YJV
> Northeast Nebraska
> e-mail:
> glennervin at cableone.net
> The above address can also be found on MSM.
> or my work e-mail:
> gErvin at ncbvi.state.ne.us

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (86% of Full)
So visit me sometime at http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh