turning off the synth

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Thu Nov 21 21:24:19 EST 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Scott Howell wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I got an internal Accent that is now an external. Yes, bought one of the
> internals from Phil and it works perfectly as an external. THe only
> problem I've found is that if you turn off the synth and then turn it
> back on, turn Speakup back on via the insert and plus key combo, it
> seems to behave very oddly.

If you can somehow get Speakup to initialize the synth, it should fix it.
I had this exact same problem with an external Accent SA.  A solution
suggested to me on this list is to type several keystrokes with the synth
switched off and then turn it back on with an insert+enter.  This somehow
forced the synth to reset.  I'm curious how you go about turning off an
Accent PC, though.  Do you mean turning off the computer that it is in?