Speakup and Accent Synths

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Thu Nov 21 21:21:34 EST 2002

Well, I just did that.  I plugged in the Accent PC and told Speakup to use
it.  It even works in Windows 9X provided you copy a device driver from
the disk to the hard drive and load it in config.sys.  I'd never seen the
internal Accent, so I was a bit surprised to learn that it doesn't come
with a speaker.  I'm using the one off My Dectalk PC, which is of course,
useless in Linux.  So, now I have a synthesizer that works in both Windows
and Linux without having to use the serial port and the Type 'N Speak.