my notes on l i n k s

Toby Fisher toby at tjfisher.co.uk
Tue Nov 19 11:33:45 EST 2002

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Steve Holmes wrote:

> I have seen some sites where the page came up saying something to the
> effect that my browser does not support frames.  I don't know how they
> conclude that when Lynx (the cat) does indeed support frames.  I
> really don't know where they are coming from.

Basically, if your browser can't render the frames like a graphical one
does, like the chain, or M$ Internet Exploder for example, then it assumes
that your browser doesn't support frames, and therefore what you see is
actually a frame called noframes, an usually it contains this sort of
nobrain information, though I'm noticing more and more sites are including
a "Click here" link, which goes to a non-frames version of the site, which
in truth is just the content frame anyway.  I've even seen this message on
pages with 1 frame, yes 1, so I just press enter on that, and surprise
surprise, it works just fine!

Cheers.
Toby Fisher	Email: toby at tjfisher.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808