Notebook for Sale

Aaron Howell aaron at kitten.net.au
Tue Nov 19 00:34:41 EST 2002

Sorry to the seller for this but,
i feel the need to warn the rest of the community, these are the single most unreliable, badly designed, and generally faulty notebook on the market bar none.
I was unfortunate enough to get saddled with one of these beasties a few years ago and had everything go wrong with it
from the paint on the front of the machine literally dissolving (no, I'm not kidding, put them in a hot climate and they fall to pieces),
to the fan failing (lifting the keyboard and starting it with one's finger was the solution to that one).
to the guides on the pcmcia slots, and subsequently the slots themselves breaking (shitty plastic design wwith the bottom card poking half out of the machine),
to my network card refusing to hold up the link unless the machine was plugged in or the card was earthed (who would design an all metal pcmcia card?)
This model might have fixed some of these problems, its newer than mine, mine was a pentimedia II,
but I wouldn't deal with dual if I was given a a machine to work with (which you don't need to worry about because they're out of business now, so you can forget getting those hard drives fixed unless you want to try to convince the manufacturers to do it).
My advice... DON'T DO IT!
Regards
Aaron