Notebook for Sale

Patrick Turnage patrickt at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Nov 19 00:21:32 EST 2002

Hi.
I'm posting this here because the machine is completely Linux compitable,
and it needs to be sold to someone who has time to fool with it.

Notebook for Sale
Dual technologies mva6690 Multimedia notebook
Specifications
AMD K6-II 400 MHZ Processor
2 banks with 32 MB installed in each to equal 64 MB RAM
Expandable to: 128 MB
No working Hard Drive installed
This machine has experienced hard drive failures related to the battery and
power; hence I'm not including the battery in the sale.
I have three hard drives all still under warrantee I believe.
I just am in school and do not have time to keep fooling with this machine,
otherwise works great..
Here are the hard drives I have for it
6.0 GB
2.1 GB
6.0 GB
Hard disks are removable and are easy to install.
Built-in 24X cdrom and 1.44 Floppy drive
2 PCMCIA slots
1 USB port
1 FIR port
1 serial port
1 ECP bi-directional printer port
1 PS2 port for keyboard and mouse
1 CRT monitor port
Jacks include:
Stereo out
Line in
TV out
Microphone
Sound card Yamaha opl3sax
ALSA Supported opl3sa2
Video card: chipson Technologies 69950 (one of the chipson models)
12 IN LCD display
Comes with carrying case, AC adapter manuals in braille if requested, print
and electronic form, also complete driver cd that contains
audio/video/touch pad drivers for 95/98/NT also can provide burned archival
backup of driver cd, also comes with authentic Windows 98 SE CD, and burned
copy for your backup purposes. Also Iwill include any distribution of Linux
you wish burned on to a cd for your immediate use.
I'm only asking 400 minimal payment I see comparable machines on pricewatch
for around 495 500, but since the hard drives are all messed up and you
have to go through the trouble of getting them all repaired I'm willing to
let it go for 400. I spent 1495 on it back in July of 2000. So it is not
that old, also works great for a Linux router with 2 linksys (Part Number
EC2T) PCMCIA network cards running a router distribution of Linux, I used
an external zip drive for this purpose when my hdd was off being RMA'd and
the return shipped to me..
No modem but any cheep PCMCIA modem will do, I will ship to anywhere in the
continental United States.
Please mail patrickt at tampabay.rr.com

-----
Patrick Turnage