Installing Linux with Speakup Scheduled at CSUN

Ed Barnes ebarnes at postmark.net
Sat Nov 16 23:50:26 EST 2002

Hi Mike, sounds like you are easily impressed and before you get the
temptation to flame might I tell you that I nailed the install using
speakup on first try, I have done it a few times since.
My first time installing Linux with speakup was my first time installing
the OS over all, I had never done it with sighted assistance before that
particular install.
Mind you the first install wasn't perfect as once you nail the install and
learn more about Linux you'll find imperfections with the install and the
choices you made during the install for certain in my humble opinion.
Note too that I didn't know much about the screen reader at the time.
I simply read the well-written docs that can be found on speakup's web
site, the same ones I'd recommend you read if you've not already done so.
So, in closing I'd say stop making excuses and get out there and give it
the "old college try", if I was able to do it and countless others were as
well what's stopping you.
Ed Barnes