Fw: Movie: Apollo 13

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sat Nov 9 19:28:00 EST 2002

Hi:

Well, this is a shame.  I'm really at a loss as to where the effort goes
from here.  If this were in Australia, I'm confident we'd be able to use
our antidiscrimination legislation to get something done about it.  But the
ADA sounds like it only applies to so-called "public accommodations" and
I'm not confident that TV would be covered.

This concerns me because a vast amount of TV programs come from the US and
when we eventually get described TV here, material that's already available
will surely have an impact on how much we get to hear.

This subject will be discussed on Blind LIne on ACB Radio Mainstream on
Sunday at 20 hours GMT, that's 3Pm Eastern, noon Pacific and 6Am Monday
morning for poor old me here in Brisbane.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang at uq.net.au>
ICQ number 43634701

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html