Load time is rediculous

erik burggraaf erik at erik-burggraaf.com
Wed Nov 6 12:51:00 EST 2002

Hi guys, I'm back at work on my little linux box.  Well, we have this
problem of load time.  It runs to about 3 minutes, which is rediculous,
since for about 2 minutes 30 seconds, it's just sitting there picking it's
nose.  I've used vi to edit the /etc/lilo.conf file so that the timeout has
been set from 1200 down to 10.  This hasn't had any effect on my load time,
though.  Is there another setting in there I should look at?  Could there be
another reason for the problem?  Am I stuck with this?  Please say I'm not
stuck.  Smile.
Help much appreciated as always.
Cheers,
Erik