bad inodes on initrd

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Mon Nov 4 20:50:38 EST 2002

Hi all. When attempting to create a bootable Woody Cd, I get so far as to
boot the kernel and getting it up talking. After it mounts the root_fs on
the ramdisk, I start getting errors about bad inodes starting at about
number
2945 and going up to 2949. I would paste the messages I get in this post,
however I am unable to capture them because they eventually scroll offf
the screen. The reason being that after the inode errors sease displaying,
dbootstrap attempts to start and open /dev/tty1, and /dev/tty2. This
doesn't work because the root filesystem was not properly mounted. As a
result, the console devices are deamed nonexistant by the kernel. I tried
re-creating the filesystem and copying all the files from the root.bin of
the original iso into the newly created ext2_fs. This didn't work. I also
tried changing linuxrc to a different executable (init). Anyone have any
other ideas I should try? Thanks!

May you code in the power of the source,
may the kernel, libraries, and utilities be with you,
throughout all distributions until the end of the epoch.