Amazingly dumb remark about Linux

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at home.ro
Thu May 30 03:39:38 EDT 2002

Yes, of course it means discrimination.
Microsoft pays a lot of money and makes a lot of lobby, not only in USA, but
in some other countries where this "lobby" is illegal.
They give free computers and software to high schools and provide free
manuals.
They also offer some benefits to the teachers to make them like teaching
Microsoft's products.

Why should someone bother to teach Linux for free with no benefits.

This is now, but after more years, those kids will know only Microsoft's
products, and this is what they will choose.

I hope Linux will be more friendly one day, and I hope it will beat Windows,
but for this to happen, I hope it will appear more games for Linux, more
viruses, software that it is not open source, pirated software, etc.

This means that a lot of people are interested in it.

Now, why to import an excel spreadsheet into another applications that
nobody knows to use it?
Let's say a guy knows to use the spreadsheets under Linux very well. How
many companies do you think it will employ him?
Most of the companies won't employ him, because they know that they will
need to install Linux, and the other employees don't know to use it
And Linux is harder to learn and that company don't want to spend a lot of
time, so to get a job, that guy needs to learn what most of the people use.
And that is Windows.

Teddy,
orasnita at home.ro