My ide1 is back!!!

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Tue May 28 12:08:31 EDT 2002

Hey, this is kind of strange, because this is not the first time I've shut the
computer down since i started having the problem with ide1 (my cdrom and cdrw0.
I had also shut it down for several hours sunday night/Monday morning. However,
early this morning when I went to bed, I still had no irq for ide1 and only hdc
was opening. This morning I got up and turned on the computer and booted linux.
Just to re-confirm the worst, I tried opening the cdrom and it opened. then i
tried mounting both and they mounted. I assume that when hdd timed out it took
the whole ide with it somehow but I don't know why it finally came back or what
i could have maybe killed or reactiviated to have fixed it sooner. anyway, I'm
very happy I don't have to pay to get it fixed.

Cheryl