cdrom/cdr trouble or ide1 problem: BIG TROUBLE I think

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Mon May 27 19:33:15 EDT 2002

Hi Kerry and all.
I appreciate that you are trying to help. but let me repeat again:  this system
was working just fine; I was listening to cds and burning cds and doing all the
things one does with a cdrom and cdr. when this problem mysteriously occured, no
changes had been made to the kernel and nobody had been opening the computer and
plugging and unplugging cables. the necessary support is compiled into the
kernel and I have been using it successfully for quite some time when this
suddenly happened.
This is not the case of trying to get a system up and running; this is a case
that was working just fine and suddenly this happened.

Cheryl