problem with installing speakup

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Sat May 25 08:50:43 EDT 2002

I think the problem is you can't unzip a tar.gz file. You have to use the linux
tar program.
In order to use the speakup-1.00.tar.gz package, you need an already running
linux system with the kernel source in /usr/src. Then you have to  place
the tar.gz file in /usr/src and unpack it by doing
tar xzf speakup-1.00.tar.gz
Then you have to read the instructions in the INSTALLATION file.
there are ready-made floppy and/or iso-images for installing some linux
distributions with speakup already compiled in, but I don't know that this has
been done for mandrake. If this has been done, somebody on this list will know.
Hope this helps.

Cheryl