OLD DAYS

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Thu May 23 09:20:23 EDT 2002

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Janina Sajka wrote:

> I still want something like that. Booting from hd, even on Linux,
> just isn't the same as flipping a switch and having a prompt at
> about the same time.

Oooo, who remembers the good old BBC mode b?  Now there was a dumb
computer, I mean, it was a crap games machine, but they were good machines
just to play with, and you could even get a screen reader for them, on
disk of course, or you could issue a whole load of *fx commands and vdu
commands, and get the internal voice chip to do the speaking for you, if
you could understand it.  And then, of course, there was Wordwise...

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808