Get Out Of Jail Free!

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Wed May 22 13:50:30 EDT 2002

Be fare toby,
bash accepts both del and control-h as backspace char,
other applications do not. The vast majority of terminal packages
do in fact send ^H or ^? when backspace is hit.
The usual default is also an audible bell. I don't know why screen
defaults to a visual one but the first thing I do when
running anew screen installation is put vbell off
and startup_message off in ~/screenrc
If he is running jfw and eloquence and his so und card doesn't mix;
(This is a new feature in wdm drivers or special drivers for win95 and
is not supported with all cards) he won't hear the bell if
eloquence talks at the same time.