free terminal emulator for windows - download and install

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Mon May 20 17:19:02 EDT 2002

I used K95 with ASAP for years very effectively. I would expect
it will still work very well. It isn't freeware, though, but it
has been recently updated and now supports SSH as well as telnet.
Check it out at:

http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/k95.html

Now, at the risk of offending some, may I add that ASAP yields
more satisfactory results than Vocal-Eyes, in my experience? I've
seen the "revector" setting work, and not work, for VE users, but
I've not seen an ASAP problem with K95, or the Cygwin apps
ever--at least not driving an internal Doubletalk

Doubletalk seems to be a key. ASAP seems to be the second
valuable tool.

Now, if you're waiting to see good SSH and telnet accessibility
out of software speech and the Windows GUI, you'll have to wait a
very long time, because nobody is working on it, as far as I
know. I guess it's just more of that disdain for command
lines, fools that they are.