interesting experiment.

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Mon May 20 03:52:17 EDT 2002

Yes it does work offline actually or there is an offline mode.
Just send your query text in the body of a message to
google at capeclear.com and you'll get  your results back.
Regarding not beeing online all the time; do what I did and
get another phone line. Not all of us worldwide have cable
and especially not in Australia. Alternatively wait for v.92
that has the ability to put modem calls on hold and supports call waiting and
phase 2 caller ID whilst you are online.