windblows can't mount smb share

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Sun May 19 04:10:59 EDT 2002

What is the share name? Windows does not like long
share names or sharenames with strange characters in them.
Also insure your guest account is valid and if not using
the guest account that the user account has a password set
with smbpasswd.
Send your smbd process 2 sigUSR1 signals, watch your log.smb
file and attach to the share. When done, send 2 sigUSR2 signals.
sigUSR1 increases debug level, USR2 decreases it. The logs are your friend.
Email me the relevant log lines if they make no sense to you to me off list.

Regards, Kerry.