windblows can't mount smb share

Gregory Nowak greg at romualt.dhs.org
Sat May 18 21:48:08 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I've got another samba problem seemingly for no reason (since I didn't make any samba changes), and I just don't see what's going on. I'm hoping someone can help.

I see my gnu/linux box in network neighborhood. I hit enter on that, and see my public share like I'm supposed to. When I hit enter on it, windblows pops up a dialogue with an ok button which says \\machine\share "is not accessible. The share name was not found. Be sure you typed it correctly."
I should mention that my other GNU/Linux boxes mount the share of course without a complaint. Can someone please shed some light on this windblows strangeness? Thanks.
Greg